We’ve just finished uploading all Spring 2020 workshop descriptions to the Penland website, which means that a full year of workshops is available for your browsing pleasure! Take a look at all our upcoming offerings here.
Spring and fall at Penland both offer students two very different options: focused, immersive one-week sessions that delve into a particular skill or technique, and expansive, eight-week sessions known as concentrations that allow artists of all levels to cover a lot of ground in the studio.
Here’s a taste of the concentrations we’ll be offering next March 8 – May 1, 2020 for those who want to go deep in the studio:
- Clay – Parts Unknown with Jenny Mendes
- Glass – Intentions & Innovations with Dan Mirer
- Iron – Attention to Detail with Andrew Dohner
- Metals – Wunderkammer with Suzanne Pugh
- Photo – Processing Process with Mercedes Jelinek
- Letterpress – Print/Process/Production with Jamie Karolich
- Textiles – Following Threads: Trusting Tangents with Hillary Waters Fayle
And, for those who want the Penland experience in shorter bursts, we’re excited to share these one-week offerings:
- Glass – Ebb & Flow with Ben Elliott
- Textiles – Handweaving: Foundations & Exploration with Amanda Thatch
- Printmaking – Word & Image with Stuart Kestenbaum and Susan Webster
- Paper – Paper of Place with Frank Brannon
- Textiles – Felt & Straw Hats: Traditional Blocked & Freeform with Wayne Wichern
- Wood – The Art of the Bandsaw Box with Jenna Goldberg
- Books – Bookstone Bookwork Woodwork with Daniel Essig
- Clay – Don’t Hate, Decorate! with Kurt Anderson
- Wood – Creating Stringed Instruments with Beth Ireland & Keunho Peter Park
Registration for each of the above workshops opens on Wednesday, May 15 at 10 AM Eastern time. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Scholarships are available for all eight-week concentrations. Scholarship applications are due by June 15 for fall workshops and November 28 for spring workshops. Beginners and advanced students alike are encouraged to apply!