Work-Study Scholarship for Development Office
The Development and Communications Office has a an eight-week work-study scholarship available for Fall and Spring Concentrations. The work-study scholarship recipient is required to work 20 hours per week in the development office during the concentration session.
- Assists with concentration scholarship auction
- Assists with Penland Friends parties
- Assists with annual donor appeal program
- Assists with donor calls soliciting gifts
- Assists in special events mailings and preparation
- Assists with database support for development office – address changes, note entry, etc. If applicant has experience with Raisers Edge software, higher level tasks will be assigned
- Clerical and administrative duties such as filing, copying, etc.
- Assists with others duties and tasks as determined by development office
- Past experience with development office work is preferred but not required
- Comfort in phone calls to potential donors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Emotional maturity, self confidence, and a sense of humor
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Knowledge of donor database software – Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge fundraising software is preferred.
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
This position requires the applicant walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, reach above their head, have use of fine and gross motor skills, and work in close quarters. The applicant must have normal visual acuity at near and far distance with correction and hear the spoken word with correction. The applicant must be fluent in English. While performing the duties of this job, the applicant is regularly required to sit and to work at a computer. The applicant is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and to talk fluently. The applicant must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects or boxes.
This work-study scholarship will be available during each Fall and Spring concentration. To apply, fill out a work-study application including all of the required materials, making sure that your letter addresses experience relevant to this position. Please write on your application: “Interested in development work-study position.”
If you have questions, contact Joan Glynn, development director, at 828-765-2359 ext 1206 or email@example.com.