Winter Residency Application Information
Applications to the Winter Residency require the following:
- Phone Number
- Website (optional)
- Please write a concise and thorough description (1-2 paragraphs) of the project or type of work you plan to pursue during the requested time frame. Please give details if you will need to use more than one studio. Residents will need to choose a home studio, but may have access to specific equipment if needed. (1500 character limit including spaces)
- Which processes will you be utilizing? (Not required for writers.)
- Please list any specific equipment you will need and tell us about your level of experience with that equipment. (Not required for writers.)
Residents are expected to be willing and able to work independently, and to have prior experience with the equipment and processes they will be utilizing.
- Are you applying with collaborators?
- Have you been to Penland before?
- How did you hear about Penland’s Winter Residency Program?
- How many weeks would you like to attend?
- What is your first choice for the week or block of weeks you would like to attend?
- Would you be willing to consider attending a different week or block of weeks if your choice is not available?
- Which studio are you applying to work in?
- Which type of housing you would prefer?
- Do you require an ADA accessible room?
- If you have a preferred roommate, please list their name.
- Date of Birth (for housing purposes)
- Do you plan to share meals and/or cook with another resident? If so, please list their name(s).
- If there were a meal plan option available, would you sign up for it? (Currently all residents receive kitchen access and can buy meals as needed in the coffee shop.)
Please provide us with contact information for TWO references who can speak to your level of professionalism and responsibility, seriousness of intent, and ability to work independently without instruction. Include each reference’s name, position (if applicable), phone number, and email address.
- Current CV/Resume
- 4 Images (at least 1024 pixels on the long edge) (for writers, 4 writing samples no longer than 1 page each)