IT and Telecommunications Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Employment Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Start date: ASAP
Last Updated: August 27, 2021
Who We Are
Penland School of Craft is an international center for craft education offering residential workshops, residencies, community education programs, and exhibitions. Located on 420 acres in the NC Mountains, Penland has 16 teaching studios and 57 historic and contemporary buildings. We are an equal opportunity employer with a staff of 70. Penland operates with a $44 million endowment and an annual operating budget of $6 million. We are located about an hour northeast of Asheville, NC. Our mission supports individual and artistic growth through creative practice and discovery.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We believe that equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to fulfilling our mission. We want to inspire and nurture the human spirit, and we value the perspectives and contributions of all people. We want the Penland experience to include varied ideas, world views, and personal characteristics. Penland is committed to being a community that welcomes and respects everyone regardless of age, ability, ethnicity, race, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nationality, geographic origin, and socioeconomic status. We are committed to providing an environment free of discrimination.
The IT & telecommunications manager reports to the operations director and works closely with the school’s administrative, development, communications, studio, and gallery staff to provide comprehensive IT services, including hardware and software repair and support, training, planning, implementation, standardization, and documentation. Additional responsibilities include network and email administration and security, cloud backup management, campus-wide a/v systems support, research and development of future technologies for implementation, and the management of all landline and cellular telecom systems, equipment, services, and contracts. The IT manager performs all project management functions for IT and telecom construction and consulting services.
- Manage all school wide internet and telephone technology for the school.
- On-site troubleshooting and repair of all PC and Mac computer hardware, portable devices, software, and peripherals.
- Provide all network administration and security functions.
- Maintain and verify all server and backup functions.
- Maintain existing hardware and software infrastructure to provide high functionality by utilizing periodic updates and upgrades.
- Perform build-outs and configuration for network expansion in new facilities.
- Build, configure and operate temporary networks as needed for specific short-term business and studio projects (example: annual benefit auction, studio classes like CNC and Arduino classes).
- Manage corporate cellular service contracts.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of hardware, software, and users, including software licensing, warrantees, and security information.
- Develop and implement standardized system architectures and train users in their proper use, organization, and maintenance.
- Integrate and maintain networks campus-wide and train users in access and operation across networks.
- Research, assist in planning and development, and install and maintain equipment and software for the expansion of the digital resources in the studios.
- Provide on-site support for all applications such as registration, payroll, fundraising, and finance.
- Provide research and planning for long-term IT strategies by developing and executing equipment rotation plans, software patching and upgrading, and downstream cycling to fulfill user needs and maximizing the life and use of existing equipment.
- Coordinates vendors, contractors, consultants, and external support providers (such as Dell, Apple, ADS, Orbund, Blackbaud, ISP’s) as needed to ensure the school is receiving maximum value for services provided and competitive pricing on equipment and software.
- Provide user training and ongoing support in specific applications as requested (ie: GSuite, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office products).
- Oversees and implements organization-wide cyber security policies and practices in accordance with best practices.
- Other duties as directed.
- Minimum 3 years direct experience with the following:
- Experience in network administration in Windows Server/Client environments.
- Field service and support for all PC and Mac hardware and software, including network installation, setup and configuration, and maintenance of all hardware and software support for client/server environments.
- Local and server-side email system administration support.
- Familiarity with remote access control and support solutions.
- Installation, operation, and maintenance of cross-platform network environments .
- IT and telecom vendor coordination and project management
- Web-based applications and user interfaces
- Wireless network/mobile user support
- Ability to drive projects and work collaboratively across the organization
- Proven experience in being self-motivated and set priorities, meet deadlines and organize multiple projects at once.
The employee is regularly required to work at a computer. They must frequently use their hands to manipulate or touch objects, tools, and controls; they must be able to speak fluently, hear, and see (including close vision). The employee will need to navigate areas of the campus with uneven terrain successfully. The employee must occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Compensation discussions are a part of the interviewing process, but the starting wage for this position is $60,000 – $72,000, commensurate with experience. This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Employees at Penland enjoy competitive pay, attractive benefits, and a lively, creative work environment.
The position will remain open until filled; We would like this position to start as soon as possible. To apply, send a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references, addressing relevant experience and interest in the position to Alyse Ostreicher, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com. Please include IT Manager as the subject of your email
We look forward to hearing from you!